- Answer the following questions about the Dispute Settlement Process at the World Trade Organization. Begin by reading this information at the WTO website.
- What causes the dispute settlement board to consider a trade dispute?
- Describe the first stage of the dispute settlement process?
- Explain the task of the panel created in the second stage of the process.
- How are the panellists chosen? Do they represent their respective governments?
- How does the GATT dispute settlement process used prior to the establishment of the WTO in 1995 compare with the WTO process?
- Approximately how long is it between the establishment of a dispute panel and the adoption of the panel report by the Dispute Settlement Board?
- How is a panel report rejected by the Dispute Settlement Board?
- What is a country, that has lost a dispute at the WTO, supposed to do to comply with the ruling?
- What happens if a losing country in a dispute refuses to comply with a panel ruling?